The parent of a Tier 4 child student visa is available for a parent or guardian to accompany their child who is aged between 4 and 12 years and has been accepted into a UK Independent fee paying day school.
Children between 4 and 15 years of age may only be educated at independent fee paying schools.
- To qualify for a Parent of a child at school visitor visa, applicants must
- have a child who is studying at or about to start studying at an independent fee-paying day school in the UK or have a Tier 4 (Child) Visa,
- have sufficient funds to support themselves while in the UK, without recourse to public funds or working
- have a home outside of the UK,
- meet the visitor visa requirements,e.g no criminal conviction.
Conditions of Stay
- Holders of this visa cannot
- work or studynot
- bring spouse or children other than the one planning to attend a private school
Length of Stay
- Six or twelve months' stay is given for the initial application.
The Visa is usually granted for 6 or 12 months at a time and can be extended up until the child has reached age 12.
Applications for extension must be made while they are in the UK, and the visa cannot be switched into a different immigration category