Content Start

EU family permit

EEA Family Permit stands for European Economic Area Family Permit. An EEA Family Permit can be obtained by a Non-European applicant who has married an EU national residing in the UK or who presents proof of co-habitation for two years.

Since the EEA family permit is issued under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 and not the Immigration Rules., unlike UK visas or Leave to Remain, the stay under the relevant Permit is not counted in the 10 years' minimum required residency applied for based on 10 years' stay in the UK. When applied for outside the UK, entry clearance should be obtained in advance from the British authorities (UK Embassy) in the country where the applicant resides.

Send us a message

We would be grateful if any information requests could be emailed to us.
If you have a question or need any consultaiton, please contact us via the message box and we will respond as soon as possible, generally within 48 hours.
Please write the matters, which you want us provide advice on, as detailed as possible with your nameand contact details.
see our Privacy and Cookie Policy


Site Info Start